The choices we make can bring us love, life, happiness, peace or darkness, hate, pain, and destruction. Two different paths one to happiness the other to sadness.
Those choices are no easier today than they were during the time of Moses, they are hard choices that we face every day. We begin making limited choices even as a small child and graduate to life changing choices as an adult. We are responsible for the choices we make, and no one else. When some of our choices turn sour we are sometimes quick to blame someone else, but ultimately we are responsible for our actions. The fate of our destiny lies in our choices!
God wants us to make decisions for our lives. He wants us to decide, choose and act upon those decisions. God also expects us to accept full responsibility for our choices.
Job 22:28 says: “What you decide on will be done, and light will shine on your ways.”
Joshua 24:15 says: “choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve . . . as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
What the word of God is telling us here is that each and every one of us is responsible for finding God’s direction for our lives and making choices and decisions to follow that direction.
I have heard people say all the time, “I just let life happen”. Life doesn’t just happen by chance, we are given life by our Creator and in this life we are to live it to its fullest as we find ourselves directed by His will. We cannot as a child of God stumble along and just do whatever is convenient at the time; doing this will lead to dire consequences. There are painful choices we have to make and choices we make that lead to pain in our lives. The difference is by following the will of God, we will know the difference. Not realizing this and not following the lead of His Spirit in our lives will lead to one bad situation after another. Wrong choices will lead result to a painful miserable life that will cause us to compromise our own core beliefs and lead us further and further from the will of God. It is all in the choices we make.
Here are some helpful tools for making the right choices and decisions in your life. If we can start by making the choices and decisions in the will and direction of our Father today, we can began to live a life filled with love, life, and happiness.
- If you are faced with a decision and you cannot decide, and your life is torn apart as a result, seek the face of God let His spirit God guide you to make a choice. Making that choice will bring you the peace of heart you so much desire. When you have to make a choice and don’t make it, that is in itself a choice. The wrong one. Indecision becomes decision with time.
- When we understand who we are as a child of God; we know what our values are in Him. Relying on the values of Christ in us will make decisions and choices easier to make.
- The choices we make are the hinges of destiny upon which the doors of our future are opened. God has doors open for a promising future for our lives. Making choices directed by His will opens those doors in our lives.
- When making a choice, consider first and foremost what is right in the eyes of God, then decide accordingly. Never decide your choices for your own reasons; for your judgment may be right, but your reasons will certainly be wrong without God as the center of your choice.
- When we bases our choices in life on Godly principles, 99 percent of our decisions are already made.
- We are all faced with a lot of choices on a daily basis. If simply getting out of bed in the morning is difficult and you do not smile on a regular basis, you are making the wrong choices, try another choice.
- One of the hardest choices we have to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn. Only in God’s direction can we find the wisdom to know the difference.
- Do not plant your dreams in the fields of indecision, where nothing ever grows, but in the fields of grace, where his love upon Calvary gave us life that we might grow in Him.
- Learning to lean on God’s direction for the choices we have to make gives us the ability to get past any excuse to not make a choice and allows Him to change every part of our life in an instant.
- Each and every day there are doors in our lives we must pass though, the choices we make on which doors which we will open and close decides the life we live. We must allow God to direct our paths each and every day.
- Our choices and decisions will become easier to make when our desire to please God outweighs our desire to please the world.
- Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions.
- Once we act upon the direction of God and make a choice and decision for our life, God will direct all of Heaven and Earth to make it happen.
Our lives are the sum of all our choices, we must make them according to the direction and will of God. By living our lives in the center of His grace we will find our choices filled with love, life, happiness, and peace.